Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Carefree from our Labors


Happy Labor Day! We headed over to the sunny side in Kona to celebrate Labor Day. We spent the day at the beach with the Navas family. We had a blast playing with their two adorable kids. Marcus and I were kids at heart with them. We built sandcastles, played in the waves, and just had fun! (We were able to do all those things that we always want to do at the beach but don't because we don't have kids.)Marcus played with their son in the ocean for hours. It was so cute to watch the two of them. Marcus is going to be an awesome dad! (Sorry, no this is not a hint of anything to come in the next nine months!) Another highlight we were able to watch four turtles come ashore to spend the afternoon just yards away from us. Thanks Navas family for sharing a fun-filled day together!

4 comments:

Shambray said...

How fun! It is beautiful there! I am super jealous! I have only been to Hawaii once and we went to Kona!

susie said...

Hey Rachelle...looks like fun! Guess we'll have to go to Oahu...NEXT WEEK!!!! :) Sorry you'll be at another island! (email me if you want any details...my email is on my blog!)

Stephanie and Justin said...

I love to see all of your fun pictures of the Island. Just so you know I tagged you. THis way you can blog some more. I love that we both have blogs to keep in touch with one another. Hey I heard from Shannon Butler that you are coming home to help your parents move. When is that going to be? We need to have a girls night out if and or when you are coming.

susie said...

Hey Rach...I'm back and it was SO FUN!!! I know you miss home but I hope you're enjoying your experience...I'm kind of jealous of you having that opportunity at this time in your life! I can't wait to go back!!! I LOVED IT!!!